Last Update: 11/18/2020
- On average, images taken for a featured snippet are 160 x 200px. – SEMRush
- Follow this video to isolate URL’s with/without trailing slashes in Sreaming Frog – Glen Allsopp’s Twitter
- In Console view on Chrome, add document.designMode = ‘on’ to give yourself tons of control over page design for that one view.
- Google will crawl up to five 301 redirects before giving up. – The SEM Post.
- 69% of the time Google gets a 200 response code when trying to access your robots.txt, 5% of the time 5XX response code, 20% of the time the robots.txt is unreachable. If Google cannot reach your robots.txt due to a 5xx error, Google won’t crawl the site – Search Engine Land
- JSON-LD Code can go in the body or header, although if your HTML is hard to parse, it’s best in the header. – John Mueller’s Twitter
- Only 5.7% of pages are lucky enough to rank in the Top 10 for at least one keyword within a year — while almost 95% of all pages do not make it to the Top 10 within that timeframe. – Ahrefs
- 54% of the internet is in English despite the fact that it represents just 25% of the entire online demographic. – Search Engine Journal
- Blind persons abandon two-thirds of their online purchase transactions – DigitalCommerce360
- Test card numbers for Magento – Authorize.net
- The ideal size for a Google Post image is 1200×900 pixels and are cropped by GMB slight higher than center – Greg Gifford’s, MozCon 2019
- Higher-income bloggers (who make $50k or more/year) pay their content writers 3.6 times more than other bloggers. – GrowthBadger
- To know the age of an URL you can follow this link by replacing www.example.com by the URL you want:https://www.google.com/search?tbs=cdr%3A1%2Ccd_min%3A1%2F1%2F2000&q=site%3Ahttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.example.com&safe=active&gws_rd=ssl
- A sitemap can be no larger than 50mb and can hold no more than 50,000 URL’s. – Sitemaps.org
- Linkspammers are injecting code and links into PDF’s – Search Engine Land
- 60%+ of direct traffic is from organic search – Groupon
- 77% of baskets are abandoned by shoppers. – Search Engine Land
- The ideal search box is 27 characters wide. – Smashing Magazine and Web Designer Depot, more recently
- Pure black text on a pure white background is hard for a dyslexic user to see. – UX Movement
- 10-15% of the US population has dyslexia – Dyslexia Research Institute
- An OG image should be 1200×630, or proportionately larger. FB Developers Site
- Google counts the first 16 words in alt text, regardless of character count. Hobo Internet Marketing
- Twitter Cards – Titles should be 70 characters max, while descriptions max out at 200 characters. Twitter Developer Center
- The maximum size for a disavow file is 2MB. SEO Round Table
- Here’s a nifty formula for swapping out the URLs on a list: =RIGHT(A3,LEN(A3)-FIND(“/”,A3,FIND(“//”,A3)+2)) from this thread on StackOverflow
- And a nifty formula for counting words in an excel cell: =IF(LEN(TRIM(A2))=0,0,LEN(TRIM(A2))-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A2,” “,””))+1) from this article.
- Code for a Wayback Machine link in your 404 page:
<script src=https://archive.org/web/wb404.js> </script>
- Wayback – see how many domains were captured by a website: https://web.archive.org/web/*/thedomanyouwantotrack.com/*
- Wayback – get a complete list of URLs crawled, where 4037 is a sample number found from #15 – http://web.archive.org/cdx/search/cdx?url=thedomanyouwantotrack.com/*&output=json&limit=4037 — once you have that in play, paste the data here, and you can easily port to an excel or google sheet: http://www.convertcsv.com/csv-to-html.htm
- The location of a Sitemap file determines the set of URLs that can be included in that Sitemap. A Sitemap file located at http://example.com/catalog/sitemap.xml can include any URLs starting with http://example.com/catalog/ but can not include URLs starting with http://example.com/images/ – from sitemaps.org.
- Copy-paste “&as_qdr=y15” at the end of the Google search URL to find out the date a URL was first indexed- from labnol.org
- 53% of users will leave a mobile webpage if it doesn’t load within three seconds. – from Yoast
- Find out what categories your top competitors are using by:
- Going to their maps listing,
- Right-click and view source,
- Ctrl-F for and search for the primary category (enter the category name that is listed on their GMB listing).
from this blog post
- Use this formula to combine text from two fields
Source – this article on Office Support